Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Picking & Grinning

 
I knew summer was here when my friend, Ivana Shiraz, laughed so hard she snorted out a booger.

That’s good stuff, my friend. This is not a woman who one would think could even cultivate a booger; much less bring one forth the size of a cheese curd.

Of course, we were all very gracious and civilized about the whole thing. Are you kidding me? NOT! Much ado was made and we’ve changed her name to Ivana Kleenex for at least thirty days.

She was/is mortified. Which, actually, is the funniest part and is why we won’t let it die. Ever. In fact, I’m going to stop typing for a second to text her.

“Booger”  Send.  I hope she’s in public right now.

After nine straight months of turtlenecks and puffy vests, there’s something about sitting out on the deck with a snapping hot burger and an ice-cold concoction. Throw in some new friends who haven’t heard all your jokes, a little more liquid refreshment and a spontaneous nostril eruption and you’ve set a the bar prettttty high for the summer.

You’ll forgive me for not having pictures for this little post?
Neither Ivana nor the booger would give me permission to print.

I promise, however, a summer full of Up North summer adventures complete with photographic evidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment